MIG’s creative headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida is home to 150 technical professionals + creative visionaries all under one roof… a roof built upon a reputation of character, creativity, commitment & exceptional service standards. We are a woman-owned, family-run organization dedicated to helping our clients shine brightly since 1979.
Take a Virtual Tour of MIG
Working at MIG is MIGnificent! Our people are the true magic of the work we do. Individually, each member of the team brings a unique perspective to the project. Collectively, we represent a cross-section of talent from a variety of disciplines, all with a dynamically-unified singularity of focus: to help our clients meet and exceed their objectives with an outstanding impact.
Here’s who we’re looking for today:
The Scenic Shop Carpenter will work with a team of over 150 professionals working in a world-class facility based in Boca Raton, Florida and will report directly to the Director of Scenic Production. The Scenic Shop Carpenter will be involved and responsible for design, fabrication, and installation of theatrical set/scenic pieces for high-end live meetings and events.
• 5+ years experience
• Basic Knowledge of PC and/or MAC operating systems
• Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel, a plus)
• Basic Knowledge of any CAD programs
• Possibility of travel and overtime as needed
• Must possess an ability to:
• Work well with others and be a part of a team
• Focus on the given task and complete in a timely manner
• Installation Manager on all large-budget installations (including going on-site)
• Build required set pieces to set request specifications
• Repair existing set pieces to show-ready status
• Faux painting specialist
• Metal fabrication experience
• PlexiGlass & plastics fabrication
• Mica finish work
• Graphics application
• Experience with table saw, chop saw, band saw, and pneumatic tools
• Prep & load trucks as needed
• Theatrical scenic experience, a plus
• Valid drivers license needed
• Employment is contingent upon passing background check
• Assist with loading in / setting up / loading out of scenic pieces
• Coordinate with, and oversee, labor to ensure accurate and quick setup and strike
• Assist with rigging, audio, video, and lighting as need (no experience needed)
• Stage Management – Interact with clients and speakers in an upbeat, positive, and professional manner
Travel is often required and hours beyond the usual 9-5, at times including weekend work. This position offers growth potential for anyone who displays a great work ethic, a will to succeed, and a great attitude. Communication skills are key since you’ll be working with a wide range of people including creative types. Successful scenic carpenters are team players that can manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines.